I am not a writer, i am just an average guy with an average knowledge enough to come up with words, combine those words to have some phrases and scribble them to create sentences. I am an old book with faded writings, i may not look appealing anymore but still welcomes those who are willing to learn from my rich past.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

American Idol Top 11 Performances: Flying Colors for Aaron, Siobhan, Lee, Flying Boos for Paige and Tim Urban



The idols are now down to 11 after Lacey Brown’s elimination last week. The hopefuls continued their battles as they performed yesterday night and a day after their performances we need to give justice to whom it is due and let America decide who will still continue and who needs to go.
Here’s a recap of their performances.
*Lee Dewyze – “The Letter” by The Box Tops
*Aaron Kelly – “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith
*Casey James - “Power of Love” by Huey Lewis and The News
*Michael Lynche – “When a Man Loves a Woman” by Percy Sledge
*Katie Stevens – “Big Girls Don’t Cry” by Fergie
*Tim Urban – “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” by Queen
*Andrew Garcia – “Heard it Through the Grapevine” by Marvin Gaye
*Paige Miles – “Against All Odds (Take a Look at me Now)” by Phil Collins
*Crystal Bowersox – “Bobby McGee” by Janis Joplin
*Didi Benami – “You’re No Good” by Linda Ronstadt
*Siobhan Magnus – “Superstition” by Stevie Wonder

Well based on their performances I must applaud 3 persons
1.       Aaron Kelly-though he’s the youngest among the idols, his voice is just beyond the expected, I mean this guy is absolutely amazing. Randy said that it wasn’t the perfect performance but he loves the way how Aaron sang the first verse. As usual E is always a fan of Aaron.  I must agree with what Kara, she said that it’s the best song choice of the night and that Aaron already knows how to pick songs. What I love with him is his stage presence, once his there, he owns it. I cannot blame Simon for branding him as the “little Tyler”
2.       Siobhan Magnus-she is so unique, she doesn’t care about what will other people think about her and I guess that’s the same reason why randy loves her very much. This week I was once again amazed with what she did to the last part of the song. She’s a singing monster but that’s in a positive way. I wish to see her in a very different aura next week; I want her to make a slow song. Ellen wants to ask for more, same with me but as what I said, I want to see her different.
3.       Lee Dewyze- Lee is growing up so fast, as what Kara said the improvements are tremendous. Ellen said “My favorite pen is back”, sometimes I appreciate Ellen for doing some humorous analogy. Lee just raised the bar for himself and I’m watching over him, he has a lot of potential.

Below are the Idols who truly deserve a Big Boo.
1.       Paige Miles-I guess there’s nothing wrong with the song choice, I ‘m a big fan of “against all odds” but it’s just disgusting to hear Paige singing the song. It was really terrible to the nth power. Kara said that it looks like Paige has stopped competing.
2.       Tim Urban-Corny, corny, corny, forgive me guys but he’s really corny. What I hate is that he pretends to be someone who is already famous, reaching for the hands of the audience, OMG. Worst than Paige.

Honestly speaking I don’t want Miley to be the Idol’s mentor, her tips are very elementary, the basic and nothing but the basic tips. Even a 6 years old knows can give such huh. Look what happened to Andrew, Miley told him to put down his guitar and look what happened, disaster.
Lets see who’s going home tonight. I just hope that there will be no shocker anymore, I don’t want to see another Lilly Scott leaving.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home