I am not a writer, i am just an average guy with an average knowledge enough to come up with words, combine those words to have some phrases and scribble them to create sentences. I am an old book with faded writings, i may not look appealing anymore but still welcomes those who are willing to learn from my rich past.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

American Idol Season 9 Top 12: Applauses for Didi Benami, Siobhan Magnus, Crystal Bowersox, and Aaron Kelly. A Big Boo for Tim Urban



The time has come for the idols to perform again in a bigger stage and a larger crowd. Yesterday night, the 12 contestants who survived last week’s judgment showed off their singing prowess and of course they need to convince not only the judges but also America that they are the righteous one to be hailed the next American Idol.
Of all the performances, I must say that this one is their best performance yet, it’s the pressure that pushes them to perform better week after week. I’m not saying that I was satisfied by them all, only a few and I will repeat it again, not all but only a few.
Thank god, AI was able to come up with the idea of giving the audiences the chance of having a glimpse of the contestants’ life at home.
This week American Idol gives tribute to the world’s best rock band, The Rolling Stones. So, who among the twelve satisfied me? Hmmm. Before I answer that, let’s have first a recap of their performances.
American Idol Season 9, Top 12 Performances (with the slice of comments from the judges)
Michael Lynche -  “Miss You”
Randy-(I must say that he’s the hardest to please judge among the 4)
“Dawg you slayed it. Way to start the show.”
Ellen-(She’s really funny though she doesn’t know any line aside from “your great” I thought it was awesome”, “I liked your performance” LOL)
"At some point I'm going to be disappointed, but not yet.
Kara DioGuardi-(the hand movements are all the same week after week. Haha)
"Being hot on stage - you did that."
Simon Cowell – (he’s really crazy. Period)
"corny" and "a tiny bit desperate".

Didi Benami – “Play with Fire”
Randy Jackson – (thanks randy for favoring my idol, mwah)
"That was one of your best performances. You're on fire."
Ellen – (I told you, she’s going to use the word again)
"I thought that was great"
Kara – (Since the start of Season 9, I know that she likes my DIDI)
"What I liked tonight that I saw was an intensity. Both weeks you're moving toward who you are as an artist."
Simon – (I told you simon, you’re going to like her)
"I thought you were going to loose it 30 seconds in, twice. Solid, not brilliant performance."
Casey James - "It's All Over Now"
Randy – (Hmmm, you’re liking him)
"You're back to the Casey I love. I loved it - you are back."
Ellen – (the same old line)
"fantastic".
Kara – (She like Casey)
“last week you were trying to be a rockstar but this week you are really a rockstar”
Simon – (I think he likes Kara)
"You sang it well. For me, that was like an audition performance. But you've got to push yourself. Not just a guy standing there with a guitar. Just be a star."
Lacey Brown - "Ruby Tuesday"
Randy – (I’m tired of giving comments to judges. bla)
"Definitely very interesting arrangement. I actually was pleasantly surprised."
Ellen
"little bit sleepy"
Kara
"It was 50-50 for me."
Simon
“Use the stage, doing the same thing week after week”
Andrew Garcia - "Gimme Shelter"
Randy
"You know I love you, but it was just pitchy everywhere, it wasn't great."
Ellen-(here we go again the same old line)
“I thought that was your best performance yet”
Kara
“I’m not feeling the song, but I do like you”
Simon
“Your good but you’re lacking the connection”
Katie Stevens - "Wild Horses"
Randy
“You sing the Ballad well”
Ellen
“sounds amazing”
Kara
“Not technically perfect, but better than last week”
Simon
“pretty much connected with the song”
Tim Urban - "Under My Thumb"
Lee Hee Hyo– (I’m not one of the judges but let me give my fair share, the song was good but the singing was terrible.)
Randy – (I know you will agree with me randy man)
"I didn't get that, dude. It didn't serve you or the song well."
Ellen
"I felt like I was at a resort drinking a pina colada. It just didn't wow me."
Kara
“I appreciate the effort but it just didn’t work out”
Simon
"A lot of people who are Rolling Stones fans are turning their television off at this point."
Siobhan Magnus  "Paint It Black"
Randy
Bringin' the drama to Season 9. That was hot!"
Ellen
“I like the way you look, I like you”
Kara
"It was the standout performance of the night,"
Simon
Some are going to hate it, some are going to love it - that's a good place to be. It's better than being boring,"
Lee Dewyze "Beast of Burden"
Randy
“you sounds like between Rob Thomas and Dave Matthews” "Dude I thought it was dope, one of your better performances."
Ellen
(I wasn’t able to take a note on that, sorry)
Kara
"You are growing better with every week. Tremendous growth."
Simon
“I love your vocal but I hate the fact that you lack personality”
Paige Miles "Honky Tonk Woman"
Randy said she did it alright
Ellen
“I thought you sounded great although you are struggling with your voice”
Kara
“your back”
Simon said that it was old-fashioned and told her to bring the big voice that they loved during the Hollywood week
Aaron Kelly “Angie”
Randy said that he likes that tender moments and thought that it was hot
Ellen
“It’s the right song of choice” and said that Aaron was trying to copy her hairstyle”
Kara
Really great, really powerful."
Simon
"I think that what you did cleverly, you sang the song within the limits of your vocal. Well done."
Crystal Bowersox - "Can't Always Get What You Want"
Randy said that it was not her best percformance
Ellen
“You are born to be on stage. You started adding a little more personality tonight. Just let yourself have fun on stage."
Kara
"It wasn't your greatest vocal performance. But it's easy to watch."
Simon
"You chose a song that didn't have what you needed. This was the first time when I think you were beaten by someone, Siobhan."
Based on their performances Didi, Crystal, Aaron, Siobhan, and Michael performed the best and Tim Urban  or Lacey Brown deserves to be out as soon as possible. Too bad, Lilly and Alex should be on their position now.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home