I am not a writer, i am just an average guy with an average knowledge enough to come up with words, combine those words to have some phrases and scribble them to create sentences. I am an old book with faded writings, i may not look appealing anymore but still welcomes those who are willing to learn from my rich past.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

American Idol Top 9: The Lennon-McCartney Night



After giving tribute to the rolling stones, this week, the idols sang the greatest hits of two of the world’s best music composers, John Lennon and Paul McCartney. Whom do you think performed well and who deserves a painful “kick out”.
Here’s a recap of their performances and yeah the usual thing here is that I will give my own verdict.
1.       Aaron Kelly- “The Long Time and Winding Road”
I must agree with what Simon said, he said that Mr. Degeneres, Oops I mean Mr. Kelly, sorry for that can’t help it because they have the same face. Ok Going back to what Simon said “was very old fashioned, very boring. You have to take some risks and do some research on that song.” Aaron is doing and doing the same thing he must get new clothes. You know what I mean.
2.       Katie Stevens-“Let It Be”
For me it’s her best performance to date. Guess what, Kara and Simon argued to whom the credits should be given because of Katie’s better performance this week. Hmm I think it’s Ellen, LOL.
3.       Andrew Garcia-“Can’t Buy Me Love”
Of course no one can buy love, and Mr. D seconded that, hahaha. I hate Simon saying that the performance was corny and old fashioned and irrelevant. What if we let Simon perform like what the Idols are doing, maybe he’ll understand how it is difficult to be there.
4.       Michael Lynche-“Eleanor Rigby”
No Doubt, Big Mike is the Incredible Hulk of AI and that’s not only because of his size but majorly because he has a very powerful voice, and I must agree with Kara saying that BM’s vocals were amazing.
5.       Crystal Bowersox-“Come Together”
Once again Mama Sox gave a better spice to the song, I mean I love the song as a classic but I love it better after Mama Sox gave her own rendition of the song. Randy said that it’s a new Solid Performance from Crystal and yeah Simon said “That’s a performance I can hear on the radio”. They are both correct.
6.       Tim Urban-“All my Lovin”
Honestly, this is the first time I appreciate the singing of Tim, for me it’s better than Hallelujah.
And what can Simon Tell about it, “Taking everything into consideration, you did well tonight. No gimmicks. You didn’t try to over sing it.” Hmm looks like a good feedback from the Lion.
7.       Casey James-“Jealous Guy”
What can you say about the hair? Isn’t it cute? Yeah it is. How about the singing, Judges?
Randy -“I loved seeing the sensitive side of you.”
Ellen-“I was moved by it. You have a great voice… and pretty hair.” I told you, she’ll appreciate the hair.
Kara-“you pushed yourself”
Simon-“Goldilocks- I think it was the best performance of the night so far. You put your stamp on the song.”
8.       Siobhan Magnus-“Across the Universe”
Whoa, I was really amazed seeing the her singing a different song but I just thought it did work for her. Our Judges appreciated her performance and Randy said “A little sleepy but I love the artistry in you.”
9.       Lee DeWyze-“Hey Jude”
I missed Didi upon hearing that Lee will sing “Hey Jude” To be fair to him, he owned the song, he put a very unique interpretation and it worked. How about the Bag pipe? Holy cow I was really surprised.

Based on their performances I think that Aaron Kelly will belong to the bottom group and the other two I don’t know.  Let’s just see the results by tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home