I am not a writer, i am just an average guy with an average knowledge enough to come up with words, combine those words to have some phrases and scribble them to create sentences. I am an old book with faded writings, i may not look appealing anymore but still welcomes those who are willing to learn from my rich past.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

More and More are going for GIBO.





Quiboloy nod just ‘icing’ on Gibo’s cake?

Wednesday, 05 May 2010 21:26
GILBERT Teodoro’s party, Lakas-Kampi-CMD, said on Tuesday the endorsement by Pastor Apollo Quiboloy, who heads the six-million-strong Davao-based Kingdom of Jesus Christ congregation, will be the “icing on the victory cake.”
Though trailing in surveys, Teodoro, the party noted, also took 39 percent of the 22,000 votes cast by members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) and the Philippine National Police (PNP) from April 28 to 30. This, according to the exit polls conducted by the Campaigns and Images firm during the absentee voting.
Lakas-Kampi-CMD president Francis Manglapus said these developments indicate a bandwagon for Teodoro, who has already sewed up support from One Cebu, which pledged to deliver a million votes. He added the endorsement by Quiboloy is but one of many indications of a “snowballing of support” for Teodoro, who has only been credited with 9 percent of the vote by the Social Weather Stations Inc. (SWS) and Pulse Asia.
Another group in the National Capital Region (NCR), Palit Galing under Suzette Salazar, said it has already mobilized 250,000 volunteers to secure 2.5 million votes for the candidate in the metropolis.
Lakas-Kampi-CMD said it expects 1,200 municipal mayors nationwide to deliver 10,000 votes each for a total of 12 million votes.
Gibo is supported by the Union of Local Authorities of the Philippines , the League of Municipalities of the Philippines (LMP) and about 50 governors belonging to the League of Provinces of the Philippines.
One Cebu has not been affected by the surveys and it said it would campaign hard for Teodoro.
As far as Palit Galing movement is concerned, it said more and more young voters, including young professionals, are going over to Gibo owing to the negative campaigning being waged by the camps of Sen. Noynoy Aquino and Sen. Manny Villar.


Quiboloy’s endorsement is not just the icing, it’s a part of the base, I mean it’s a very big thing in the victory of Gibo. Everyday more and more Filipinos are backing for Gibo, and this is because they believe that he is the best qualified candidate for the position. Just yesterday I browsed over He’s page in facebook and I was overwhelmed to found that most of Gibo’s supporters are of my age, they are young and good thing they are tired of the traditional politics. Hmm should I say that let us not repeat the mistakes of our elders during the past elections. LOL.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jamie Pinner said...

Thanks for the post...

By the way, have you ever heard about yummy-cebu.com? I hear they just started a new contest called Mama's day out!

May 6, 2010 at 1:16 AM

 
Blogger Lee Hee Hyo said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, based on my data here your from baguio.

May 6, 2010 at 1:24 AM

 
Blogger Jamie Pinner said...

Yeah - well, thats a fake IP. I'm in Cebu. I guess my firewall put that up, or I have an automated proxy...

May 6, 2010 at 1:42 AM

 
Blogger Lee Hee Hyo said...

are you going for gibo this monday, i've heard that cebu promised 1 million votes for Gibo.

May 6, 2010 at 1:47 AM

 
Blogger Jamie Pinner said...

Nah, I can't... I lived in the Philippines since I was a little boy, and i have some Filipino cousins and relatives, but no Filipino blood... my bio dad went around much. I don't even know where in the world he might be, so... I can't vote.. sad sad... I would go for GIBO tho...

May 6, 2010 at 5:44 PM

 
Blogger Lee Hee Hyo said...

o i thought you were just using some fake name, so that's your real name. hmm, i see, anyways nice meeting you Jamie. My real name is Jeff.

May 6, 2010 at 6:02 PM

 
Blogger Jamie Pinner said...

Nice meeting you, Jeff.

May 6, 2010 at 8:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home